Resume Strategists was founded in 2004 by Alyssa Gelbard. The company is privately owned and is based in New York City, but serves clients globally. Alyssa has almost 20 years of strategic marketing, branding and communications experience in both large organizations and entrepreneurial entities. She has held positions in the for-profit and non-profit sectors.
- 13 years of strategic resume consulting
- Accomplished speaker about effective resumes/cover letters, interviewing/networking skills and career and job search action plans
- Highly experienced interviewer, career and interview advisor and facilitator of mock interview seminars
- MBA in Marketing from New York University’s Stern School of Business and a BA in Sociology from Tufts University
- Member of:
- International Association of Business Communicators
- American Marketing Association
- American Management Association
- Women in Communications
- Public Relations Society of America
- Council for Advancement and Support of Education
- Tufts University Alumni Admissions Program, Tufts Career Network
Alyssa is also a dedicated volunteer at Dress for Success® (provides professional attire, support and career development to disadvantaged women), where she provides resume assistance, career guidance and mentoring, and speaks at events about resume writing and interviewing.
Roots of success
The success of Resume Strategists is measured by its stellar reputation and a client base established largely by referrals. Resume Strategists clients are personally satisfied and recommend its superior, results-driven service to others. The commitment to creating strong, customized resumes, cover letters, LinkedIn profiles, bios, thank you letters and other forms of career communications, in addition to providing interview and career guidance, provides clients with a winning combination to ensure success as they take the next step in their careers. Learn about the process